- Our Vision, Mission and Values
- Who We Are and What We Do
- Contact us
- How NCBI is governed
- Careers at NCBI
- 80 years
- Department of Research and Policy
- Current Projects
- AHVIIT Access
- BELIEVE Project
- SensAge - Lifelong Learning Needs for Ageing People with Sensory Disabilities
- XPress Your Vision
- Previous Projects
- Current Projects
- Freedom of Information
- NCBI publications
- Home >
- About NCBI >
- Department of Research and Policy >
- Current Projects >
- ACTIVE >
- Session 1 >
- Volunteer Role Description
You are here
NCBI is looking for Community Based Volunteers
- Do you enjoy reading, walking, shopping, chatting or driving?
- Do you have 1 – 2 hours per week to spare?
- Would you like to donate this valuable time to help a person who is blind or visually impaired in your area?
If you answered YES to the above questions we would LOVE to hear from you.
Volunteer Purpose: To assist the NCBI community based team in meeting the expressed needs of people who are blind and visually impaired. With your help we can improve the level of independence and quality of life of those who are living with sight loss.
We are currently looking for volunteers in Dublin.
To assist our service users with a specified task – for example reading & writing, walking, shopping, providing transport or companionship.
Time Commitment: Ongoing position
Approx 1 – 2 hours per week. Exact times will be mutually agreed between volunteer and service user. We would appreciate if a volunteer could commit to 6 months minimum.
Qualifications & skills required
Reliable, patient, friendly & kind. Experience caring for an elderly person or a person with a disability would be useful.
Initial and on-going training and support will be given by NCBI Community Based Staff.
Support from National Volunteer Co-Ordinator.
Applications Please call Margo on: 1850 33 43 53