- Fundraising Events
- Blazing Saddles Majorca Trip featuring Stephen Roche
- Flora Women's Mini Marathon
- Blind Football Tournament
- Trip to Tipp Cycle 2013
- NCBI Granard Cup
- The Gathering Charity Run
- Trans Siberian Adventure
- NCBI Holmpatrick Cup
- NCBI Tree of Light
- Cycling - Blazing Saddles
- NCBI Car Draw
- Parachute Jump
- Running your own event
- Ways to donate
- Fundraising Pack
- Leaving a Legacy
- i-can appeal
- Home >
- NCBI Tree of Light, Grafton Street 2012
You are here
Summary: NCBI is very grateful to everyone who supported our Tree of Light Campaign on Grafton Street in 2012.
NCBI would like to thank the following companies who have supported the Grafton Street Tree of Light in 2012. We wish all your members of staff a very Happy Christmas and prosperous New Year.
- The Old Stand, 37 Exchequer Street, Dublin.
- Davy Byrnes, 21 Duke Street, Dublin 2.
- O'Neill's Pub, 2 Suffolk Street, Dublin 2.
- Vermillion Design, 1 The Stables, Distillery Lofts, Distillery Road, Dublin 3.
- The Kilkenny Store, 5 Nassau Street, Dublin 2.
- Carroll's Gift Store, 33 Lower Gardiner Street, Dublin 1.
- Quiksilver, St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre, Dublin 2.
- United Colors of Benetton, St. Stephen's Green Shopping Centre, Dublin 2.
- Willis Insurance, 80 Harcourt Street, Dublin 2.
- Captain America's. 44 Grafton Street, Dublin 2.
- Ovo Studios Ltd. 2 Main Street, Donnybrook, D4.
- Zenark Media Monitoring Service. 104 Upper Leeson Street, D4.
History of the Tree of Light
The NCBI Tree of Light has become an integral part of Dublin Airport’s Festival of Light since it first appeared in 1997. This 50-foot tree, with its 2,000 lights, is a beacon of light and hope for more than one million people who pass through the airport at Christmas time each year.
In 2009, a second Tree of Light was located at the bottom of Grafton Street (Trinity College end) allowing local businesses to sponsor a bulb for a cost of €100. Individuals can also sponsor a bulb on this tree at a cost of €20 per bulb.
All funds raised by companies and individuals that sponsor a bulb on the Tree of Light enable NCBI to expand its services and to further its work in offering practical and meaningful support to people with sight loss.
Everyone who sponsors a bulb on the Grafton Street Tree of Light will receive:
1. A Letter of Appreciation from NCBI.
2. An NCBI Tree of Light Campaign bumper sticker.
3. A Special Recognition on our webpage.
Sponsor a Bulb / Find Out More
If you would like to sponsor a bulb on our Grafton Street Tree of Light please fill in our Grafton Street Tree of Light Donation Form and return it to NCBI, Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
For more information on please contact our fundraising team on 1850 33 43 53 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.