- Fundraising Events
- Ways to donate
- Fundraising Pack
- Leaving a Legacy
- i-can appeal
Table Quizzes are very popular and can be a very good source of fundraising as well as a lot of fun. Here’s how to do it:
1. Get in touch with your local pub/sporting club and ask them for the use of their premises for a table quiz. You don’t want to pay for this, so sell it to them on the basis that you will be bringing lots of people and business there for the evening.
2. Spread the word as much as possible that you are having a charity table quiz and encourage everyone to get a team of 4 or 5 together. Charge about €40 per team.
3. Organise somebody to set the questions and to act as MC for the night. It is entirely up to you to decide how many questions/rounds you have. You can set the questions by either using one of the many books available or the pub might know of a local question master that they recommend (you will probably have to pay him/her). If the teams are from work or a club, put in some questions specific to that organisation – e.g. who is the current Managing Director or what is the phone number of the organisation. Put in some humorous ones as well: who drinks the most coffee?
4. You also need a few friends to help you out on the night itself. You should have at least two people correcting the questions and marking the scoreboard and two more floating around the teams collecting the sheets etc.
5. You can make a lot of money by holding a raffle. Get as many prizes sponsored as you can – bottles of wine and spirits, weekends away and similar items are very popular. Get your MC to appeal to everyone to buy as many tickets as they can and then hold the raffle at the end of the night.
6. Try and get the winning prizes for the quiz sponsored as well. You may wish to offer a cash prize for the winning team to generate interest.
7. Don’t forget to bring lots of cloakroom tickets for the raffle and make sure you have a board to mark up all the scores. People get quite competitive and like to see how they are doing!!
8. Enjoy the night!