- Fundraising Events
- Ways to donate
- Fundraising Pack
- Leaving a Legacy
- i-can appeal
We greatly appreciate your work and your support and want to thank you for the money you raise as it will be used to help us continue to provide services for blind and visually impaired people in Ireland. Here are a few sample case studies to help you understand how the money you raise helps us.
Mary aged 61 has no sight as she suffers from Glaucoma. From NCBI she received support services including mobility and IT training. From being isolated, depressed, unmotivated and dependent she is now independent, busy, participates in social activities and communicates with family and friends by email and Skype.
John age 26 was suffering from diabetic retinopathy and was vision impaired, living with relatives. He was unable to work as an electrician, was very depressed and socially disengaged. After receiving support from NCBI he now lives independently, has changed his career and has a busy social life.
*We have changed the person’s real name in the interests of anonymity.
Any amount can help us:
- €5 a week could fund phone counselling sessions
- €10 a month could fund weekly IT training sessions to make it easier to access printed information
- €40 could fund materials in our Early Learning Centre for children with vision impairments up to six years of age
- €100 could fund independent living and mobility training sessions
- €400 could fund a Low Vision Clinic Session.
- €1500 could cover the cost of recruiting new volunteers who are crucial to helping us
- €3000 could cover the cost of distributing CDs, DVDs and tapes from our Library and Media centre for a month
- €40,000 could fund the development of NCBI’s IT service
- €80,000 could kit out a new NCBI Retail outlet with shop furniture, phone lines and fittings, which in turn will raise much needed funds for NCBI.