Summary: Summary: Find out more about centre-based volunteer opportunities with NCBI in Dublin.
NCBI is in the process of setting up a social club for blind and vision impaired people over the age of 70 who live in north Dublin. We are seeking volunteer centre assistants who would be able to compliment NCBI staff in the carrying out of this centre’s activities.
Dublin city centre.
- Meeting and greeting service users;
- General assistance with activities, e.g. bingo, sing song, arts & crafts, etc;
- Setting and clearing tables and serving lunch.
Approximately 4 hours per week. We would appreciate if a volunteer would commit to 6 months minimum.
Personal attributes and skills required:
- Good organisational skills;
- Experience working with older people or people with disabilities would be an advantage but is not essential.
Initial and on-going training will be provided by NCBI staff.
Please complete our Volunteer Enrolment Form and return it to Hilary Casey, Volunteer Coordinator North Dublin, NCBI, Whitworth Road, Drumcondra, Dublin 9.
Any enquiries to Hilary Casey on LoCall 1850 33 43 53 or email email@example.com.**