As a charitable organisation seeking donations from the public, NCBI aims to comply with The Statement of Guiding Principles for Fundraising.
Our pledge is to treat all our donors with respect, honesty and openness. We commit to being accountable and transparent so that donors and prospective donors have full confidence in NCBI.
We promise we will effectively apply your gifts to us for their intended purposes.
As a supporter of NCBI, we will ensure you will:
- Be informed of NCBI’s mission, and of the way NCBI intends to use donated resources.
- Be informed of the identity of those serving on NCBI’s governing boards, and that those boards will exercise prudent judgement in their stewardship responsibilities.
- Have access to NCBI’s most recent financial statements.
- Be assured your gifts will be used for the purposes for which they were given.
- Acknowledge and receipt all donations within 10 working days.
- Be assured that information about your donation is handled with respect and with confidentiality to the extent provided by law.
- Expect that all relationships with individuals representing NCBI be dealt with professionally.
- Be informed whether those seeking donations are volunteers, employees of NCBI or hired third party agents.
- Have easily available: the agreed procedures for making and responding to complaints.
- Have the opportunity for any names to be deleted from mailing lists
- Receive prompt, truthful and forthright answers to questions you might have of NCBI
- If you do have a comment about any aspect of NCBI’s work please look at our Complaints and Feedback Procedure.