- Eye health and eye care
- Parents of Children with Vision Impairments
- Friends and Relatives
- Education professionals
- Health professionals
- Architects & Engineers
- Students and Researchers
- Ways you can assist a person with sight loss
- Best practice guides
Summary: This section provides useful advice and information for health professionals from all fields on how to best care for a person with sight loss.
For All Health Professionals
- Assisting Adults With Sight Loss in Hospital
- Assisting Children With Sight Loss in Hospital and at the Doctor’s Surgery
Public Health Nurses
- Practical Tips for Parents With Sight Loss
- Tips for Parents: Your Baby and Toddler
- Discovering the Environment With Your Pre-School Child
- Older People With Sight Loss – Living at Home
- Practical Tips for Care Staff
The Informing Families Project provides information for parents and professionals at the time of a child’s diagnosis with a physical, sensory or intellectual disability, or when there are concerns about a possible diagnosis.
On the Informing Families website families can access information on entitlements and benefits and support agencies. The site includes a one-hour e-learning programme to support professionals in their practice when communicating sensitive or difficult news to families.