- Eye health and eye care
- Parents of Children with Vision Impairments
- Friends and Relatives
- Education professionals
- Health professionals
- Architects & Engineers
- Students and Researchers
- Ways you can assist a person with sight loss
- Best practice guides
Find out more about the difficulties that a person with sight loss may experience, the most common causes of sight loss and what effects different eye conditions have on a person’s sight.
Read about the most common eye conditions.
Here is a resource that is designed to raise awareness about sight loss among students and researcher. It includes information on how the eye works and facts about people with sight loss.
Ensure that your research is accessible to people with sight loss. Accessibility considerations should be included from design stage.
Useful NCBI Publications
- Framework to Adopt a Strategic Approach for Vision Health in Ireland, 2013
- The Cost of Sight Loss: The Economic Impact of Vision Impairment and Blindness in the Republic of Ireland, 2010
- National Mobility Study, 2012
- Eyes on the Future: A study into the prevalence of blindness and vision impairment in Ireland, 2008
- 2011 Annual Report
- NCBI Archive Project Reports