Living with Sight Loss
- Government benefits and allowances
- Practical advice for everyday living
- Sports and Leisure
- Know Your Rights
- Going to college
- Practical Tips for Parents with Sight Loss
- Other helpful organisations
- online awareness resources
- Home >
- Living with Sight Loss >
- Practical advice for everyday living >
- Practical Tips For Living Independently
You are here
The information above offers guidelines only. Your local community resource worker can offer you more advice and practical training about ways to carry out everyday tasks. Find out more about our local community resource work service or LoCall 1850 33 43 53 to arrange a meeting.
Remember When Using these Guidelines:
- Consider your safety at all times. Ask your local community resource worker for advice before using these guidelines.
- Always practise when appliances are cold and switched off.
- Be organised.
- Before carrying out a task, gather all of the equipment and appliances required.
These guidelines and suggestions are by no means exhaustive and NCBI would welcome any further practical hints or experiences.