NCBI volunteers help to improve the level of independence and quality of life of those who are living with sight loss. Volunteers play an important role in NCBI’s work. We have a variety of volunteer roles to choose from.
- Befriending – visiting someone on a regular basis in their own home
- Driver- available to drive someone and assist with particular tasks such as shopping on a regular basis
- IT support – available to assist someone who is learning to use technology
- Library – readers (to produce audio books), editors (of pre-Braille documents) and assistants for general library work.
- Retail – volunteer in one of our retail shops
- Events – assist in one of our events either with those using our services or fundraising
- Occasional / emergency – assist on short notice whereby someone may require a volunteer to accompany them to a hospital appointment for example.
How to I become an NCBI volunteer?
Call us on 01 8307033 or email: email@example.com