20th October, 2016
NCBI opens charity shop on eBay
Support NCBI and pick up one of a kind treasures from comfort of own home
NCBI, the National Council for the Blind of Ireland, has just launched a charity shop on eBay Ireland. The move comes as NCBI strives to expand their offering by appealing to the 162 million global users of eBay.
NCBI has built up a robust reputation among treasure trovers in recent years and its retail outlets boast high quality items from housewares to clothing. The NCBI eBay store is a great place for savvy shoppers to pick up a bargain whilst also giving back. The store features a diverse range of items from coveted preloved designer brands to first edition copies of classic literature titles.
Speaking about the launch of NCBI’s eBay store, Chris White, CEO of NCBI Ireland said, “NCBI is delighted to have teamed up with eBay to launch eBay’s first Irish online charity shop. NCBI has over 80 charity shops located around Ireland and we are hoping to expand our reach with eBay. We are hoping that this new online shop will help us reach and connect with a new base of customers and supporters. Our new online shop promises high end goods at affordable prices. We must raise €4 out of every €10 we spend on services, so we are hoping that our new eBay shop will help to make a vital contribution to our fundraising efforts.”
Hazel Mitchell, Director of UK Customer Experience at eBay, said, “By opening an eBay store NCBI is exposing the wonderful items in its inventory to a global audience. We hope that through our support, NCBI can leverage this amazing platform to make sales on a much larger scale than they would through their retail outlets alone. At eBay we are dedicated to charity on both a local and global level and encourage all of our teammates to get involved through the various charitable schemes running throughout the company. ”
NCBI is supported by the team in eBay Ireland, Blanchardstown who have been offering guidance from store set up, image guides, stock selection and promotion. eBay Ireland are dedicated to assisting Irish charities with their UK counterparts raising over £19,000,000 for charities in the last year alone. Earlier this year eBay Ireland presented three Irish charities with grants of $10,000 each the charities to benefit from these generous donations were: Inner City Helping Homeless, Women’s Aid Dundalk and To Children with Love.
For more information or imagery please contact Anne Nuding from Thinkhouse at firstname.lastname@example.org or 01-4200070
Notes to the editors:
eBay foundation the facts:
- Since inception the eBay Foundation has contributed more than $38 million to non-profit organisations worldwide.
- The Foundations engages eBay employees and supports their pursuit of charitable giving and volunteerism through its Global Impact Team Program.
- Our matching gifts program encourages employees to support the non-profit organisations of their choice by matching both financial contributions and volunteer time.
- Last year, we matched more than $1.5 million of employees’ charitable contributions, and employees volunteered more than 30,000 hours of their time to non-profit organizations worldwide.
- This year the Irish Global Impact Team donated $60,000 to 6 Irish charities. Inner City Helping Homeless, Women’s Aid Dundalk, To Children with Love, RNLI (Howth Branch), Extern and Enable Ireland.
- A further 3 Irish charities will each receive donations of $10,000 by the end of the year.
- NCBI is the leading charity working for the rising number of people affected by sight loss in Ireland.
- NCBI provides practical and emotional support to help people with sight loss face their futures with confidence.
- Each year NCBI works with around 8,000 individual service users.
- NCBI must raise €4 out of every €10 it spends on services. Its 83. charity shops around the country make a vital contribution to its fundraising efforts.