Novartis, in partnership with the NCBI, is delighted to announce the launch of a suite of vision assistance apps
Two new apps were launched in July; these are the ViaOpta Navigator and ViaOpta Daily which have been developed by Novartis in partnership with the National Council of the Blind in Ireland (NCBI). These award-winning apps are designed to help people with visual impairment with their everyday activities
ViaOpta Navigator app enables people who are blind or vision impaired to move independently by providing essential information to support orientation when walking. Similarly, ViaOpta Daily uses vocal guidance and audible tutorials to help with everyday activities. The cutting-edge technology used aims to make a difference in the lives of people who live with visual impairment and who seek discreet assistance.
The real-world benefits of these apps can be seen in their extensive functionality. ViaOpta Navigator and ViaOpta Daily have been created to assist the visually impaired better experience the world around them in a discreet way, all at the push of a button.
ViaOpta Navigator Features
- Alerts (alerts and voice commands) · Weather (updates on local weather)
- Directions · Magnifying Glass
- Junctions (junction information
- with directions) · Contacts (access your phone contacts)
- Bookmark (destinations can be bookmarked) · Colour Recogniser
- Search (search for saved destinations) · Money Recogniser
- Share location with family and friends · Object Recogniser
ViaOpta Daily Features
- Weather (updates on local weather)
- Magnifying Glass Timer Contacts (access your phone contacts)
- Colour Recogniser
- Money Recogniser
- Object Recogniser
- Scene Recogniser
For more information, or to download the ViaOpta apps, please visit www.viaopta-apps.com The ViaOpta apps are available on both iOS and Android platforms and are free of charge.