NCBI works with employers to outline the adaptations that can be made in the workplace to accommodate people with sight loss, provide information on the grants that are available and to promote the capabilities of people with sight loss in the workplace.
NCBI can liaise with HR, line mangers and supervisors to provide advice on the following:
- Suggestions on how you can reasonably accommodate an employee’s needs.
- Grant assistance that is available
- Assistive technology solutions
- Advice on advancement and training
- Disability awareness training
Other NCBI services
- The NCBI media centre converts written material and textbooks into Braille and audio formats.
- We can also assist employees with sight loss to live independent lives by enabling them to carry out everyday tasks and move around safely and independently.
- Our local support workers provide emotional and practical support to meet the individual needs of people living with sight loss.
- Our technology service offers advice on a range of magnification and speech software to make information accessible.