Who can use NCBI’s services?
Our services are available to anyone in Ireland who is experiencing difficulty with their eyesight.
Learn more about who can use NCBI’s services .
Emotional and practical support
- Community resource workers  – Our community-based staff work with people experiencing sight loss in their local area.
- Professional Counselling service  – The counselling service offers people an opportunity to talk with a professionally trained therapist about their sight loss.
Training for independent living provides practical solutions to enable people with sight loss to carry out everyday tasks safely and independently.
- Orientation and Mobility training  – Whether you are blind or have some vision, our mobility trainers can provide training to help you move around safely and independently.
- Using aids and appliances  – We offer information and advice on a wide range of aids and appliances to help make everyday life easier.
- Technology training  – NCBI can provide guidance and training in the use of a wide range of technology solutions to make it easier to access printed information.
- Rehabilitative Training  – NCBI’s training course in Dublin offers people with sight loss the chance to build confidence and independence before moving on to further training or education.
Significant reduction in sight can make it difficult to continue doing everyday tasks. Our regionally-based low vision service recommends low vision aids, which can open up new opportunities for reading and other daily activities.
Specialised education is available to children with vision impairments up to six years of age at our early learning centre.
Our activity centres in North Dublin and Wexford provide a wide range of classes and activities for adults living in these areas.
Employment guidance 
Our employment advisor works with people at all career levels, providing career guidance, advice on training and career advancement, job retention and the adaptations that can be made in the workplace to meet the needs of an employee who is blind or vision impaired.
NCBI offers a wide range of braille, audio and large print books, newspapers and magazines to its members throughout the country, free of charge through the postal system.
NCBI (National Council for the Blind of Ireland),
LoCall 1850 33 43 53
Email: email@example.com 
VISPA – Vision Impaired Service Providers Alliance
VISPA has been formed by Fighting Blindness, Irish Guide Dogs for the Blind, NCBI and St. Joseph’s Centre for the Visually Impaired, to collaborate and cooperate in the provision of services to people with vision impairments.
Find out more about VISPA at www.vispa.ie