- Services For Individuals
- Services For Organisations
- Home >
- Services >
- Services For Organisations >
- Making print and multimedia accessible (MCS) >
- Clear Print Mark
You are here
Summary: Our Clear Print Mark is awarded to organisations who comply with clear print principles. The mark can be included on the organisations printed information.
To achieve this Mark, you can submit documents, forms, posters and any other printed information to NCBI’s Media Centre, who will advise on its accessibility in terms of clear print principles and recommend changes, which will make it easier to read.
The following steps apply for submitting written information for review for the Clear Print Mark:
1. Email the information to us and specify that you are applying for the Mark. We will give you a quotation for the estimated cost of the reviewing it and how long it will take.
2. If you decide you would like to go ahead, we will start to review the information in terms of clear print layout and design. Please note that this will not involve proof-reading the content of the information.
3. We will use our checklist of questions and if we answer “yes” to most, we will award the Mark to the information.
4. If we cannot award the Mark, we will make recommendations on how to make the information comply and we will offer to review it up to two more times.
The following steps apply if wish us to provide recommendations on the clear print design of information and then review it for the Clear Print Mark:
1. Email us the latest possible version of the information at least two weeks before it will go to print, inform us that you are aiming to be awarded the Clear Print Mark and tell us your deadline. We will then give you a quotation for the estimated cost of the reviewing the information and how long it will take.
2. If you agree to go ahead, we will review the information and make recommendations in terms of clear print principles and return it for you to check through.
3. You can then decide which recommendations to take on board. You send the information back to us again with the edits included as a design mock-up and we will review it in detail for the Clear Print Mark using our checklist of questions. If we answer “yes” to most of the questions, we will award the Mark to the information.
Get an Estimate
If you would like to get an estimate, please contact Lina Kouzi in our Library and Media Centre on email email@example.com or Tel: 01 8642266.