*You can only RSVP for 5 attendees, please contact the organiser for more information
‘Advocacy Talks’ is NCBI’s latest initiative bringing you guest speakers to talk on a range of topics of interest related to living with blindness and vision impairment.
- Advocacy Talks Live Event, Thursday, 18th March 2021, 3pm
For our first Advocacy Talks live event, we have invited three speakers to talk about your rights as a person with a disability under the United Nations Convention on the rights of persons with disabilities https://www.ihrec.ie/crpd/
Our speakers will be discussing:
- What is the UN Convention on the Rights of Persons with Disabilities or the UNCRPD?
- Why is it important?
- What does it cover and how does it affect you?
Our Guest speakers are:
- June Tinsley, NCBI’s Head of Advocacy and Communications
- Jessica Ní Mhaolain, NCBI’s Policy and Research Officer
- Meadhbh Hennessy, NCBI Advocate, and an elected member of Disability Participation and Consultation Network.
Register for this event and for updates on future Advocacy Talks!
Where? Microsoft teams