It happens all too often. We misplace or loose our mobile phone somewhere in the house. It either slides down between the couch cushions or we forget which room we left it in last. The good news is that the Alexa app offers a skill called Find My Phone that can help you locate your phone when you can’t. It’s easy to enable and set up and you can even add more than one phone number.
Enable the Find My Phone Alexa skill
- In the Alexa app menu, go to Skills & Games.
- Search for Find My Phone.
- Tap Enable to use.
- Link your Amazon account and tap Allow to give the skill access to your account.
- Say, “Alexa, find my phone.” The first time you use the skill, Alexa will ask for your phone number.
- You’ll be sent a four-digit SMS code, which you’ll need to read out: “Alexa, [four digit code].” Then your phone will start ringing.
- You can add another number by saying, “Alexa, ask Find My Phone to add another number.”
It’s definitely worth enabling this skill so you have it ready for those times your phone is missing in your house.