by JP Corcoran
If you’re looking for a quick and easy way to turn off your computer, there are several shutdown options available in Windows.
Alt + F4 Method
One of the quickest ways to power off your computer is using the Alt + F4 method.
- Close all the open programs on your device
- Press Alt + F4 to display the shutdown window
- Press the dropdown menu arrow and select Shut Down
- Select OK to turn off the computer.
Win + X Method
You can use the Quick Access Menu to turn off your Windows PC. Here’s how to do that.
- Press Win + X to open the Windows quick access menu
- Press U to expand the Shut down or sign out menu
From here we have several options:
- Press U to shut down
- Press R to restart
- Press S to sleep
- Press H to hibernate
- Press I to sign out