HumanWare Brailliant BI 14
- Rugged design built for the user on the go
- Very light: 285 G 0.63 lbs.
- Ergonomic traditional 8-dot braille input keys
- Comfortable typing experience with a note taker style spacebar
- 14 high quality braille cells with unique touch sensor routers
- HumanWare signature thumb keys
- Built-in intelligence allows for increased productivity anywhere
- Pair up to 5 Bluetooth devices at once Plus one USB connection
- Brailliant Sync ensures notes taken on the BI 14 are available everywhere!
- 15 – 20 hours of battery life
- Size: 166x100x23 [mm]
- Weight: 285 grams, 0.63 lbs
Smart things come in small packages
In today’s fast-paced world, vision-impaired professionals and students need a device that lets them stay connected and stay productive on the go. The smart and compact Brailliant BI 14. This small braille display is designed for ultimate efficiency without sacrificing ergonomics or comfort. So you can stay on track anytime, anywhere.
Stay on track when you’re on the go
Designed to boost productivity whether you’re at the office or out and about, the Brailliant BI 14 boasts cutting-edge intelligence and innovative features made with the mobile professional in mind.
- Rugged design made for mobility
- Stable connectivity across multiple devices
- Small and light to fit easily into your jacket or bag
- Compact design with maximum comfort—type easily for hours on the ergonomic braille keyboard
- Features 14 high quality braille cells with cursor routers (the same used on both Brailliant and BrailleNote devices)
- Reduced wrist fatigue thanks to signature thumb keys—pan and navigate the display without taking your fingers off the braille display
- Navigation joystick that makes it easier than ever to use your paired Apple device—simply flick the joystick to mimic touchscreen swiping
- Micro USB for charging and connection to PC
- Up to 20 hours of battery life
Connect to your favourite devices in seconds
From daily commutes to business trips, staying connected when you’re on the move is more important than ever. The Brailliant BI 14 is deigned to pair instantly with iOS devices, so you never have to miss an email, deadline or conference call again.
You can connect your BI 14 with up to five iOS devices at once with Bluetooth Low Energy (LE) pairing. Simply unlock your iPhone or laptop and VoiceOver will instantly notify your BI 14, translating all of your data into braille in real time.
Your BI 14 even comes with a USB connection so you can stay charged on the go and keep braille at your fingertips anytime, anywhere.
Stay in sync
- The Brailliant BI 14 internal notes app makes it easier than ever to take notes in your meetings—in contracted or uncontracted braille.
- To sync your notes with your other devices, simply download the Brailliant Sync app from the Apple App Store and set up your email account.
- Next time you pair your BI 14 with another device, your notes will be automatically synchronized.
- Access them in your iPhone Notes app or your Outlook Notes folder, along with any other device you have connected to your email account.
- If you want to take notes on another device, just make sure you’re connected to your email account and they will be automatically synched with your BI 14.
The Brailliant BI 14 was designed to be as user friendly as it is intelligent. A simple switch on the back of the device lets you know whether you’re using the Brailliant’s internal applications or if you have the device set to control other paired devices such as your iOS device. With or without a pairing to an iOS device, the BI 14 makes it easier than ever to:
- Take notes in a meeting or class with the internal notes application
- Keep track of time thanks to the internal clock
- Time how long tasks take with the stopwatch application
- And much more
Mobility made easy
With its innovative and comprehensive family of braille display devices, HumanWare is changing the way people who are blind communicate, study and work. Now with the launch of the compact and affordable Brailliant BI 14, you can experience cutting-edge braille technology that keeps you connected like never before.
What’s in the box
- BI 14 unit
- Carrying case
- USB cable
- USB power supply
- Getting started documentation
Technology is the single biggest enabler of people with sight loss. We only carry what we consider to be the very best products for people with sight loss. It is our mission to provide the right product to the right person.
Unlike for-profit retailers, we ensure that we provide the most appropriate, most helpful, most cost-effective solutions to our users. The small amount of profit made from sales is used to provide support for the life of the product, as well as extensive, high-quality pre-sale advise and support for all members of the sight loss community: their families, Teachers, Educators, Access Officers, Occupational Therapists, Employers and anyone that supports someone with sight loss.
If you wish to avail of free, comprehensive, impartial advice regarding your purchase, please contact us through our contact form, or call one of the following numbers:
NCBI offers phone-based product training and support for all service users and their families for all purchases for the lifetime of the product.
Technology support – 01 830 7033
Shop – 056 778 68 16
Please note: This support does not extend to hardware replacement / repair, outside of manufacturer’s warranty.