RNIB Orbit 20
The Orbit Reader 20 Plus is portable and features 20 refreshable eight-dot braille cells, as well as onboard braille translation. It offers reading books via SD card, simple notetaking, Bluetooth and USB connectivity.
In book-reader mode, you can read books and files stored on an SD card. In note-taker mode, you can take notes and edit files. Braille display mode connects the device to computers and mobile devices by Bluetooth or USB – please note, the Orbit Reader 20 Plus works as a stand-alone device, as well as a connected one. The device switches easily between these three modes as you need them.
The Orbit Reader 20 Plus works with all popular screen readers on Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Chrome OS and Linux, to allow you to read and send messages and emails, browse the internet, and control your computer or smartphone.
To increase your productivity, the Orbit Reader 20 Plus offers onboard braille translation (forwards and backwards), compatible with more than 40 languages. It also has a clock with alarm function, calendar, and calculator.
The Orbit Reader 20 from RNIB comes with pre-installed content, including a variety of books and a searchable Oxford English Dictionary.
Use Bluetooth to connect to your Apple, Android or Kindle device and access a world of books through reading apps such as Kindle®, Adobe Digital Editions® or iBooks®.
- 20 refreshable eight-dot braille cells; pins represent any six- or eight-dot braille code.
- Eight braille input keys and space bar and two panning control bars.
- Five-way arrow and select control keys; navigation commands let you easily move around books and magazines.
- Onboard forward and backward braille translation.
- Apps: clock with alarm function, calendar, and calculator.
- SD card is pre-installed with a selection of books when purchased from RNIB.
- Reads content of files on an SD card for stand-alone operation.
- Connects to computers and portable devices via USB or Bluetooth.
- Compatible with all popular screen readers on Windows, Mac OS, iOS, Android, Fire OS, Chrome OS and Linux.
- Simple note-taking capability.
- Micro-USB charging/communication port.
- Size: 16.8 × 10.9 × 3.2cm (6.6 x 4.3 x 1.25 inches).
- Weight: 435g (0.96lb).
- The Orbit Reader 20 Plus support page hosts the most current version of the firmware and user manual and other supporting documents and information.
- The Orbit will arrive with a Quick Start Guide in braille (Grade 2) and a Quick Start Guide in print, the full instructions will also be on the SD card which will be in the machine.
Technology is the single biggest enabler of people with sight loss. We only carry what we consider to be the very best products for people with sight loss. It is our mission to provide the right product to the right person.
Unlike for-profit retailers, we ensure that we provide the most appropriate, most helpful, most cost-effective solutions to our users. The small amount of profit made from sales is used to provide support for the life of the product, as well as extensive, high-quality pre-sale advise and support for all members of the sight loss community: their families, Teachers, Educators, Access Officers, Occupational Therapists, Employers and anyone that supports someone with sight loss.
If you wish to avail of free, comprehensive, impartial advice regarding your purchase, please contact us through our contact form, or call one of the following numbers:
NCBI offers phone-based product training and support for all service users and their families for all purchases for the lifetime of the product.
Technology support – 01 830 7033
Shop – 056 778 68 16
Please note: This support does not extend to hardware replacement / repair, outside of manufacturer’s warranty.