The Advocacy Team regularly make submissions to various public consultations, lobbying for the needs of those who are blind or vision impaired.
Some of the recent consultations we’ve responded to include:
- Final Position Paper on E-scooters Nov 21
- NCBI Submission to Joint Oireachtas Committee Disability Matters Oct 2021
- Pre Budget submission 2022 (Accessible)
- NCBI Submission to the HEA National Plan for Equity of Access to Higher Education (2022-2026)
- Joint Oireachtas Ctte on Health submission NCBI
- Submission to Strategy Statement of An Garda Siochana
- NCBI Response to Draft State Report on UNCRPD
- National Transport Authority consultation process on the Transport Strategy for the Greater Dublin Area: 2016 – 2035
- Public Consultation on Adult Literacy, Numeracy and Digital Literacy Strategy.
- National Transport Authority public consultation on Core Bus Corridors (Bus Priority & Cycle Lanes / Tracks)
- Submission to the Special Committee on Covid-19 Response
- Pre-Budget 2021 to the Department of Social Protection Pre-budget forum.
- Cavan County Development Plan 2022-2028
- Public Consultation on proposed Special Speed Limit By-laws 2020 (COVID19) to Dublin City Council
- Public Consultation on Remote Working to the Department of Business, Enterprise and Innovation
If you would like any further information, please email email@example.com
Oireachtas Briefing 2019 outlines our key asks for each relevant government department.
Recommendation for using PDFs with a Screen Reader
For best results please do not open PDFs in your browser
Please save PDF to your device and open with Acrobat Reader
Minimum Essential Standard of Living
Research carried out by NCBI and the Vincentian Partnership for Social Justice in 2016 found the Minimum Essential Standard of Living (MESL) for a single adult with vision impairment costs more on a weekly basis. These findings still influence our policy recommendations to ensure income adequacy for people who are blind or vision impaired.